Almond Benefits and Side Effects : Many nutrients are found in the small almond kernel. The seed that is inside the almond fruit is eaten. The oval almond is pointed at one end. Its seed is white in color with a thin brown peel. After soaking in water for a few hours, the almond peel comes off.
Most people eat raw almonds but you can also eat it by putting it in different types of dishes. In the Middle East sweets and snacks were made from almonds and now it is also added to coffee.
Almonds are also used for toppings on cakes, cookies, nougat, candies, snack bars as well as deserts. Butter, milk and oil are also prepared from almonds.
Almond health has many benefits. It contains proteins, minerals, vitamins and fibers. Almond reduces cholesterol and helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Almonds are a very good snack for diabetic patients.
Table of contents
Benefits of Almonds
1.Almonds for Brain Power
It is considered the “best diet” for the brain. Vitamin E present in it not only increases the alertness of the brain but also helps in preventing cognitive decline as well as keeps your memory intact.
Not only this, almond also contains zinc in the rich mother which protects the brain cells from harmful attacks and the vitamin B6 found in it helps in repairing the brain cells.
Phenylalanine helps in preventing Parkinson’s disease and in the production of brain chemicals such as dopamine and adrenaline.
These chemicals are important for meditation and memory. So eat a handful of almonds daily and increase the intensity of your brain.
2.Almonds for weight loss
Rich in many nutrients, almonds are also very helpful in weight loss. By consuming a little bit of it, your stomach gets full and you are saved from overeating, as well as due to the presence of zinc and vitamin B, you also feel less like to eat sugar.
Also Read : How to Burn Fat Fast at Home
According to a study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who eat 1.5 ounces of almonds regularly for four weeks have found a significant improvement in their weight.
3.Almonds for Pregnancy
Pregnant women can also consume it. Almond contains folic acid, which makes the offspring heart-rending and prevents the disorders or birth defects occurring in it.
Women who consume almonds during pregnancy are less likely to have NTD (neural tube defects) in their baby.
Pregnant women should include almonds in their diet. If you are pregnant, you must consume it for the good health of your baby.
4.Almonds Good for Constipation
Since almonds are rich in fiber, they not only give relief from constipation but also prevent constipation.
Consumption of this reduces the chances of colon cancer to a great extent. It is also a capable treatment of chest irritation due to the good amount of oil in the chest.
To keep constipation away, you just have to eat 4-5 almonds daily and drink lots of water.
5.Almonds for Strong Bones
Two nutrients are extremely essential for bone health – phosphorus and calcium, and almonds are both well contained.
It also contains magnesium, manganese and potassium, which are important for healthy and strong bones.
To avoid osteoporosis and other bone related diseases, eat whole almonds or drink almond milk daily. Massaging young children with almond oil strengthens their bones.
6.Almonds for Skin
Almond not only keeps the skin nourished, beautiful, free from youth and wrinkles, but it also enhances the skin color.
Massaging the skin with its oil can also reduce sunburn and other skin-related disorders. The good thing is that massaging with almond oil does not make your skin oily nor is there a risk of getting pimples.
7.Almonds oil for Hair
An almond is the solution to many hair problems, be it hair loss or dandruff. Almonds are rich in nutrients favorable for hair such as vitamin E, biotin, manganese, copper, fatty acids.
The zinc contained in almonds promotes renewal of new cells, prevents hair fall and contributes to making them firm and dense.
Massaging it with oil also makes your hair golden and long. Massaging the scalp with lavender oil reduces split hair, eliminates dandruff and stops hair fall.
8.Almond Benefits for Heart
Almond is rich in magnesium, which makes it a very good companion of the heart. This not only improves blood circulation and blood pressure, but also reduces the risk of heart attack.
Almonds contain non-saturated fat that maintains heart health and the vitamin E contained in it protects the arteries from damaging strokes.
To improve heart health, include a handful of almonds in your daily diet. You can eat almonds as breakfast or by adding them to your soup, salad.
9.Almond Benefits for Cholesterol
Regularly eating almonds keeps harmful cholesterol levels under control and promotes good cholesterol levels.
A study published in 2002 in the Journal of the American Heart Association found that eating almonds can reduce LDL cholesterol by up to 15 percent.
10.Almonds for Diabetes
Almond not only keeps diabetes under control, but also curbs the problems caused by sugar. Many minerals in healthy fats, vitamins, fiber and almonds help to regulate the absorption and processing of glucose.
According to one study, nuts like almonds are extremely capable of controlling type-2 diabetes in men.
According to other studies, eating almonds can also prevent diabetes. Eat one ounce of almonds daily and keep the blood sugar level healthy.
Side Effects of Almonds
There is no side effects of almonds, but if eaten in large quantities, they can cause harm –
- Excessive consumption of almonds can cause constipation and abdominal bloating as they are high in fiber.
- If you are on a diet containing manganese and you eat almonds, it can interfere with your medications. The reason for this is that almonds are also rich in manganese. The high amount of manganese in the body may interfere with laxative drugs, antibiotics and some blood pressure medications. You only need 1.3 to 2.3 milligrams of manganese in your daily diet.
- We need 15 mg of vitamin E every day. By consuming large amounts of almonds, we can increase this quantity greatly. Side effects of excess vitamin E are – diarrhea, flatulence, loss of vision, headache and dizziness and lethargy.
- Since one ounce of almonds contains 14 g of fat and 163 calories, if you are consuming a lot of almonds and are not burning enough of these calories, then fat will definitely accumulate in your body and your weight. Will start growing.
- Bitter almonds contain hydroponic acids, which can slow down the nervous system, causing problems with breathing which can also be fatal.
- It is a rare side effect, but some people have also shown signs of allergy to almonds. Its symptoms will be rashes, difficulty in breathing etc.
Note: – Those who have any disorder related to gall bladder and kidney, should not consume almonds.
The Right Time to Eat Almonds
Almonds can usually be eaten at any time of the day. The time to eat almonds depends on what exactly is the main reason for including it in your diet.
- If you are using almonds for the treatment of heart problem, then it will be more beneficial for you to use it during the day.
- If you want to increase your athletic performance, use almonds in the morning.
- If you are having trouble sleeping or not sleeping, use almonds before going to bed at night. Almonds contain magnesium, which helps in getting sleep.
Almonds Nutrition Facts
Almonds contain heaps of solid fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and nutrient E.
The medical benefits of almond incorporate lower glucose levels, diminished circulatory strain and lower cholesterol levels. They can likewise lessen hunger and advance weight reduction.
Everything considered, almonds are as near flawless as a nourishment can get.