Every girl wants a far better figure and shapely buttocks play a special role in it, but many ladies are worried about the size of their buttocks. She also takes a number of remedies to get a curvy buttock. Some of these prove to be effective, some are not. There is no doubt that with regular exercise, proper eating, and also the right lifestyle, you’ll be able to get shapely buttocks. This is the reason why in this article of healthfooducate we are talking about useful exercises to get bigger butt.
Exercise to Increase Buttocks and Hips
To get a shapely buttock, you need to work properly on the buttock muscles and hip fat. Let us tell you that there are three types of buttock muscles – gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus (1). The more work you do on these muscles, the more you will get help in getting shapely buttocks. Exercises can help you a lot to get a shapely buttock. Below we are talking about these exercises:
The name of the squat comes first in the way of increasing the buttock. Regular practice of this process can strengthen the gluteal muscles (a group of three muscles that make up the buttocks). Research conducted in this regard has found that squat for 6 weeks has a positive effect on the gluteal muscles(2). Therefore, women who want to have a curvy and toned buttock are advised to squat. This is why squatting can prove to be beneficial for an attractive butt.
How to do it?
- To squat, stand upright first.
- Keep a little distance between the toes and try to keep the toes.
- Look in front, chest outward while keeping shoulders backward.
- Now try to sit down while bending your knees, but keep in mind that you do not have to sit fully.
- During this, make sure that the weight of the body remains on your thighs and not on your knees.
- Now bring the hands close to your chest and keep the back slightly bent and keep it in line with the neck.
- Keep yourself in this position for a few seconds and then slowly exhale while exhaling.
- In this way, one cycle of the squat is completed.
- Perform three sets of 15 squats daily. Take a 10-second break in between each set.
There are many ways to squat. One of them is Barbell Squat. Exercise for curvy buttocks may also include barbell squats. Like the squat, barbell squat exercise can also help tone the gluteus muscle (a group of three muscles located in the buttocks). On this basis, the barbell squat can also be included in the method of raising the buttock.
How to do it?
- Place a medium-sized weight barbell on your shoulder.
- Then come to the squat position and keep your thighs parallel to the ground.
- During this time try to keep your hips down, shoulders back, and chest outward.
- Squat creating a balance of the body.
- Do three sets of 12 squats daily.
Ply squat is also called sumo squat. It is also a type of squat. Ply squat exercises can be adopted to get a good butt. This exercise also has an effect on the gluteal muscles. Also, doing this increases mobility in the muscles of the hips. This can help to enlarge the buttock. However, no clear research is available regarding this.
How to do?
- Stand with legs spread a bit more than shoulder-width.
- After this, turn the claw at 45 degrees.
- Raise your hands and join the palms.
- Now try to sit as low as possible while keeping your waist and spine straight.
- Maintain the balance of the body. Also, keep in mind that the weight of the body should not come on the toes, but remain on the feet.
- Then exhale and return to your initial state.
- Do three sets of 10–10 of this squat.
Lunges can also be included in exercises for the shapely buttock. This exercise is considered very beneficial for the lower body. It can help strengthen the core (internally) and improve the balance of the body. In addition, by performing the lunges regularly, the bones of the hip are strengthened, as well as increased flexibility. On this basis, it can be considered as the best exercise to make the buttocks shapely.
How to do?
- First of all, stand in a normal state.
- Now move your right foot forward about 2 feet.
- Now, while making the balance of your body, bend the right leg from the knees and try to sit with the left foot while making an angle of 90 degrees.
- When sitting down, keep the knee of the left foot on the floor and keep in mind during this time. Let’s touch the fingers on the ground.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds. Keep the upper body straight.
- Then, with the help of the toes, lift yourself upwards by putting weight on the paws and come to the initial position.
- Similarly, repeat this process with the other leg now.
- Repeat this exercise about 10-10 times in 2 sets under the supervision of a trainer.
The name of Glute Bridge is also included in the exercises done to make the butt shape. Its regular practice causes more stress on the gluteus muscles (buttocks muscles). Although it can be a little difficult to do in the beginning, on the second day you will be able to do this exercise comfortably. For this reason, it can be assumed that the glute bridge can be included in the exercise routine to get attractive buttocks. If you do this exercise with weight, then there will be more benefits. In this way, the steps to increase the butt can also include the glute bridge.
How to do it?
- To do this exercise, first of all, lie down on the back by laying mats.
- Then bend the knees at 90 degrees and bring them close to the hips and keep the toes close to the ground.
- Now stick the ankles to the hips.
- Then place the dumbbell plate on your pelvic area.
- After this, raise the hips and waist in a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- During this, keep your feet on the ground.
- In this position, stop for about ten seconds and then return to normal.
- Repeat this process about ten times.
6.Single Leg Bridge
It is also a warm-up exercise, which can help tone the muscles of the hips. A single leg bridge increases mobility in the hamstrings (thigh muscles). Also, by regularizing it, the glutes (muscles of the hips) are strengthened. On this basis, single-leg bridge exercise can be helpful in bringing the hips in shape. If your job is to sit all day, then this exercise is best for you.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back by laying yoga mats and bend one knee.
- During this time keep your soles with the ground.
- Make sure that in this position, both of your hands will remain next to the waist and the palms will remain on the ground.
- Now keep the other leg straight on the ground and while exhaling, raise the leg and body upon the palms with emphasis on the paws of one leg.
- During this time, the weight of the entire body will remain on the other leg. In this state, keep breathing slowly.
- Hold this position for three seconds and then slowly return to the old state.
Donkey kicks exercises are known to strengthen hip muscles. According to research, women squat and donkey kick for six weeks showed positive effects on glutes muscles (muscles of hips). In view of this, this exercise can be done under the supervision of experts for heavy butt (3).
How to do it?
- First of all, sit on your knees by laying mats and then bending forward, and position your elbows on the ground and come to the quadruped position.
- After this, extend your elbows slightly forward on the ground parallel to your shoulders.
- During this time, both hands should be at an equal distance from the shoulders.
- Now slowly raise your left leg back as much as possible and stay in this position for some time.
- Later, bring the foot down and return to its initial state.
- Now do the same process with the right leg.
- In this way, one cycle of this exercise will be completed.
- Set 2 of its 10 cycles.
Kettlebell swing exercise is also beneficial in making the buttocks shapely. According to research available on NCBI, positive results were found in passive hip flexor length (mobility of hips). In addition, this exercise also has an effect on the gluteus maximus and gluteus medius (both of them are muscles of the hips) (4). On this basis, the kettlebell swing can be considered helpful to get the hips shapely and in the right shape.
How to do it?
- First, hold the kettlebell with both hands.
- Put the kettlebell in between the legs, making some distance between the legs.
- Tighten the waist and spine by bending the knees slightly and look at the front.
- Now take your hips out slightly and keep the back straight.
- Then, while holding the kettlebell firmly, lift it up and with the kettlebell coming up, you also stand upright.
- Bring the kettlebell back down without stopping and pull the hips outward slightly while tilting them down.
- Keep in mind, while doing this, the kettlebell will pass between the two legs.
- In this way, one cycle of this exercise is completed.
- Do this in three sets with 10–10 cycles.
The name of side lunges is also included in the category of butt workouts. It is also known as lateral lunges. Lunging the side activates the muscles of the buttocks and thighs. It can also be helpful in increasing the size of the buttock. On this basis, this exercise can be considered useful for enlarging the buttock.
How to do it?
- First of all, stand up straight. Make a distance of about one foot between the two legs.
- Look at the front and sit on the right foot, bending the right knee.
- While sitting, your weight should be on the soles of the right leg.
- During this, try to keep the waist absolutely straight.
- Now straighten the right leg and sit on the left leg.
- In this way, one of your sets will be completed.
- Repeat this process 10 times and make three sets of it.
10.Scissor Kicks Exercise
Measures to increase butt also include scissor kick exercises. It helps to activate the muscles of the hips as well as the muscles of the lower abdomen.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back on the yoga mat. Keeping the arms straight, keep them close to the body, and make sure that the direction of the palms is towards the ground.
- Now raise your right leg up to 45 degrees and lift the left leg up 3-4 inches from the ground.
- Now bring one leg down and move the other up.
- Repeat the same process alternately with both feet.
- In early times, this exercise can be practiced about 10 to 15 times at a time.
Note: We recommend that you do these exercises under the supervision of an expert in the beginning. Apart from this, do consult a doctor once before doing these exercises.